I have a staff who always fall sick when she eats 'Beef'. She will have very bad headache. I noticed it and I stop her from consuming beef. She is not getting the headache anymore. It is the red meat that shoot up her blood pressure, let alone cholesterol.
Eggs are my first love in any style and I can eat more than 2 eggs a day and everyday for a week. I used to smell 'uric' in my urine. On top of that my heels are very painful. I have cut back and I am not having pain anymore.
Seafood is another type of food that we all love. The seafood haunts in Singapore are filled daily and nightly with people. Prawns, crabs, bamboo clams, mussels, lobsters , sotong/cuttlefish, abalone, pomfret are high in cholesterol. Do you love these?
During break in our meeting, we talked about 'Eating Rice'. There are reports that we should cut down on carbohydrate...so people jumped at it. RICE is carbo, so don't eat rice, eat proteins or vegetables and fruits. For 5,000 years or more, Chinese have been eating Rice...why are we cutting down because some health freak said so? There is a proverb "One man's meat is another man's poison". We have Asian stomach and RICE in Asia is staple food. To be able to 'eat rice' means 'abundance'. So why do we follow the crowd? We just have to be moderate. You can say that I am a rice eater.
Attached a Cholesterol Chart. Those with '0'...you can eat them in quantity. Look at gizzards..they are the highest in cholesterol. Chinese loves to 'use an organ to enhance another organ'. They will eat pig brain to improve the Human brain. We always say someone is 'pig brain'...meaning he is not using his brain..so how smart can consuming Pig Brain makes a person?
Essential Guidelines for Healthy Living
1) Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables which contain vitamins and minerals.
2) Increase the consumption of high fibre foods such as wholemeal bread and cereals.
3) Reduce the consumption of high saturated fat and high cholesterol foods such as fatty meats, coconut milk and cuttlefish etc. On the other alternatives such as fish and lean meats to obtain protein.
4) Be moderate in alcohol consumption and increase water intake to at least 6-8 glasses per day.
5) Reduce sugar intake. Cut down the consumption of high-refined carbohydrate foods e.g cakes, cream biscuits, and reduce the amount of sugar in drinks.
6) Reduce the salt consumption. Avoid table salt and soy sauce.
7) Quit smoking. If you do not smoke, never start.
8) Maintain ideal body weight.
9) Exercise regularly i.e at least 3 times per week. The aerobic exercises like brisk walking, jogging, cycling and swimming will strengthen the cardio-pulmonary system, muscles and joints.
10) For those who are too busy to have proper meals, make sure you have adequate nutrient supplements.
11) Learn to relax in stressful situations and have a positive mind towards all matters.
12) Maintain your routine medical check-up and full blood screening test at least once a year.
13) Daily cholesterol intake should not be more than 300mg.
Here is the Chart for your use and information.
Hope the above chart is useful and give you an idea of measurement each contains. Do not get paranoid over it. Life is short and enjoy at the same time take care of your health.