Saturday, March 28, 2009

Supporting Earth Hour

This once a year event is over. I did my part as a global citizen. I wish more people are aware of this campaign but looks like the ratio is still very low. I believe everything takes time. The most important is the support of the government. I wonder will the government consider switching off power for an hour?

Anyway I did switch off all the electricity in my home, including my fridge. No fancy, I just lighted T-lights, cheap and not too bad for ambient. What did I do, I read a few pages of a book I bought this afternoon under candle lights and did my prayers...and an hour is up!

Starting at 8.30pm....and Finishing at 9.30pm


The Neighbourhood
Blocks of apartment nearby!

Planning next year to do an hour of prayers recitation with a group of friends with each participant holding a candle dedicating to World Peace.

Therefore this posting is a closure... I took some pictures and sharing it here with all.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating and posting pictures of your area. Hopefully the decision makers of the world will get the message.

    In the US, it's our turn tonight. :)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Small Footprints
    http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is burning candle really saving the earth??

    hmmm....

    ReplyDelete