Sunday, August 6, 2017

NATIONAL DAY 2017



Once again it is the time of year where National Day is around the corner. On 9 August 2017 Singapore celebrates 52 years of independence. Our family faithfully hang the Country Flag to commemorate this day. It was my late mother whose words we always treasured...she said you must hang the Singapore Flag every year. She said that if there is no Country, there is no Home. It is also on this day we remember the Later Mr Lee Kuan Yew. From merdeka to now, Singapore have seen many challenges under his leadership. We survived because of good leaders and now we have to see how we stay strong to the hard works done by past leaders.


SINGAPORE... my Country, My Home. A place where I feel safe as long as I am Home. No matter how far I travel I know you are always there where I can come back to rest my body and mind.

Below is a song lyric and one of my favorite. It never fails to bring tears to my eyes every time I sing along...

HOME

Whenever I am feeling low
I look around me and I know
There's a place that will stay within me
Wherever I may choose to go
I will always recall the city
Know every street and shore
Sail down the river which brings us life
Winding through my Singapore

Chorus
This is home truly
Where I know I must be
Where my dreams wait for me
Where that river always flows
This is home surely
As my senses tell me
This is where I won't be alone
For this is where
I know it's home

When there are troubles to go through
We'll find a way to start anew
There is comfort in the knowledge
That home's about its people too
So we'll build our dreams together
Just like we've done before Just like the river which brings us life
There'll always be Singapore

Chorus: For this is where I know it's home For this is where I know I'm home...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment