Thursday, April 15, 2010

Alamak...I got Tagged


Ha.a.a.a Thanks Cindy. I am honored that you always think of me. I saw this game on others sites but because I do not really link myself so I am always an outsider. Since I got tagged, I will do my part but I may not be able to tag 8 friends...

The rules of this little tag game:

1) Go to your photo files, select the 8th photo folder.

2) Select the 8th photo in that folder.

3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.

4) Then challenge 8 blogging friends to do the same!

So, I will tag the following people...and that's all I have got.

1) Sathira - Breaking Mindset

2) Robin Chan - Robin's Karma

3) Small - Reduced Footprint

Above is the 8th pictures on my 8th Picture Folder. It is a picture of a gigantic fern growing on the top of a tree. I was amazed that it is able to support itself without breaking and I find it beautiful. It is Staghorn Ferns and took the form of a nest. It makes me want to climb up the tree to look what is in it. The scientific name for this fern is Platycerium superbum.

There are around 20,000 species of ferns and Staghorns grow high up on trees and in tropical jungles. Such plants can be found in Asia and in South America. I realized this fern can be replanted. I saw people growing them on coconut husks and tied them to the trunk of a tree and viola! a nice fern decor.

True to its name, they are unique and take the shape of a stag's horns. I am not sure but to me it looks like it is a parasite plant that grows on others and yet they are charming.

This picture is taken by me. I do not know of anyone else who has a nicer picture than this one and I love it. I took it on a jungle walk in Malaysia.

I love nature and I love plants and therefore sharing with you here. We have to thank Cindy for making me do this or else I will not put up this picture to share because I do not know how to write about it.

Hope those that I have tagged will contiue this game with others and it is one way of making friends and sharing.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for tagging me and considering me a friend ... the feeling is mutual! :)

    I adore stag horn ferns ... they are so unusual and majestic. When I lived in a more tropical climate, I had two and they thrived. So thank you for posting that particular picture ... it brought back nice memories.

    Thanks, again, for tagging me! :)

    Small Footprints

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thinking of me.. I will try to do something after my exams..

    I hate EXAms.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Small, for your time and effort to support me.

    Thanks Robin, your exam comes first.

    Cheers guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lian! Beautiful picture! I never seen this big fern before and I'm surprised that you took it in Malaysia! Good job!

    You should take more pictures about nature and plants, post it up and share with us! tell us stories too if you can!! Hehe... coz even though we live in a tropical country, I don't think there's any big chances for us to really enjoy such beautiful sceneries...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for tagging and thinking of me! So blessed to have a friend like you.

    I will do my part in due course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sathira. Not many ppl left mssg on my blog and therefore I have'finger counting' friends. With this, hope you make more friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy, indeed I will post some more plants and flora. I do hv plenty of pictures on them. Stay well Dear, tell BB Aunty Lian send her Love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I will tell BB about it! And show BB all the beautiful pictures you took! =)

    ReplyDelete